Chicken with Oat, Sage & Apricot Stuffing Recipe
A perfect alternative to a traditional Sunday roast.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken skin side down for 3-4 minutes until golden, transfer to a roasting tin. Place a whole sage leaf over each chicken thigh. Reserve 8 whole apricots.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes until golden. Chop the remaining sage and apricots and add to the onions with the oats and breadcrumbs, season and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Stir in 6 tbsp water. Mould into 4 large stuffing balls and add to the roasting tin.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, placing the reserved apricots on top of the chicken thighs half way through.
- Serve with freshly steamed vegetables and roast potatoes.
- Try replacing the apricots in the stuffing with dates or diced apple and toasted pine nuts.