Vegetable & Cottage Cheese Croquettes Recipe
These easy retro-style croquettes are great with chicken or fish.
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and place in a saucepan of cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender, drain and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, boil the carrots and peas for 3 minutes, drain and run under cold water.
- Mash the potatoes, stir in the cottage cheese and vegetables and season well.
- Divide into 8 and mould into cylinder shapes. Sprinkle the oatmeal onto a large plate and roll each croquette in it to evenly coat.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the croquettes for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden.
- Serve with low fat garlic mayonnaise and salad.
- Try using frozen mixed vegetables instead of peas and carrots.