Baked Peppers with Oaty Nut Stuffing Recipe
These baked peppers taste as good as they look
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Cut the tops off each pepper to make lids and stand upright in a small roasting tin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the nuts, basil and oats and season well, cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the 4 peppers and place the lids on top. Bake for 30 minutes until softened.
- Serve with a fresh green salad for a tasty, healthy light lunch or supper.
- For a non-vegetarian option, try adding some chopped, cooked bacon to the stuffing.