Flatbreads with Hot Smoked Salmon Pate Recipe
Each flatbread provides two servings of Whole Grain. This delicious recipe is high in fibre and low in saturated fat
- Place the salmon, yogurt and chives in a food processor and blend until a coarse paste.
- Season to taste.
- Chill until required.
- Place the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the oil with 250ml luke-warm water and stir into the flour to form a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide into 12.
- Roll each out into roughly a 15cm circle and rest for 15 minutes.
- Fry the flatbreads in a frying pan with a little oil, 2 at a time, for 3-4 minutes, turning once.
- Serve your flatbreads with this delicious hot-smoked salmon pate:
- Allow one flatbread per person, then freeze any remaining for use another day.
- Try adding chopped herbs or toasted sesame seeds to the flatbread dough.
- Try using smoked mackerel instead of the salmon for the pate.