Oatmeal & Honey Cake Recipe
A slice of this moist and more-ish cake costs just pence to make.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 20cm round loose bottomed cake tin.
- Melt 100g butter with the honey and add the oats.
- Mix together the oatmeal, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Melt the remaining butter and stir into the dry ingredients with the eggs. Pour into the cake tin.
- Sprinkle the oat and honey mixture on top and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of honey.
- Try adding some chopped walnuts to the oat topping for an extra crunchy texture.