Oatmeal Toad in the Hole Recipe
A well-loved family favourite with an oaty twist. Delicious, wholesome food on a budget.
Cost Per Serving
50p - 74p
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories468 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
- Place oil in a small roasting tin and add the sausages. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place flour, oatmeal and seasoning in a large bowl and whisk in the eggs. Gradually whisk in the milk to form a batter.
- Pour over the sausages and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and risen.
- Try using flavoured or herb sausages for a difference or add dried mixed herbs and mustard to the batter