Warm Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad with Onion Oatmeal Recipe
It’s really quick and easy to enjoy oats in a variety of different ways like in this delicious salad.
Cost Per Serving
£2.75 - £2.99
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories522 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Mix the chicken with 50g oatmeal and seasoning and fry for 5-6 minutes until crispy and cooked throughout. Remove from the pan. Toss in the chilli sauce.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the onions for 3 minutes then add the remaining oatmeal and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and cool. Mix into the pea tops. Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar and toss into the salad. Divide onto 4 plates and top with the chicken. Sprinkle over the onion mixture and serve.
- Frozen peas can be used instead of the beans.
- Try using smoked haddock instead of chicken.