Wholemeal Pittas with Chicken Goujons & Salsa Recipe
Eating healthily doesn't mean depriving yourself of delicious food - try this tasty and simple recipe.
Cost Per Serving
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories319 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, paprika, herbs and seasoning.
- Dip the chicken first in the egg and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture
- Place on a large greased baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Serve in toasted pitta bread with tomato salsa and salad.
- Replace the paprika with mild chili powder for a hot variation or replace the chicken with white fish such as cod or haddock.